Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ulta & Birch Box Review.

Let's start with the items I got in my Birchbox! 
This is my very first one & I'm pleased with the products I received! 
(For every photo, you can click on the name which will take you to the product)
If you don't know what Birchbox is, it's a monthly subscription of beauty products. You get sample size products to try out & you gain points to buy full size products. It's only $10 a month which includes shipping &handling. 
 This is the cute box you receive all your products in!

 My items & a description.

A weightless finishing spray that uses camelina oil and vitamin B5 to give you silky, shimmering strands.
opinion;
I haven't tried this one out yet, but I'll let you know how it it when I do! 

This tubing mascara won't smear, smudge, or run--plus it gives lashes a sassy, extra glossy look.
opinion:
I really like this mascara, it doesn't clump but literally forms tubes around your lashes! 

A lip healing wonder. BeFine's gentle Lip Exfoliator sloughs away flakes and cracks to leave lips velvety.
opinion;
It makes my lips very soft. I get a tingle sensation after and they look plump!

This all-natural scrub uses cranberry seed enzymes and finely ground adzuki bean to clear away dead skin so that your products and do their job.
opinion;
I only used it once, my face got a bit red. I'll have to test it out a few times.

Our new obsession, these tasty mints are infused with energizing yerba mate and rich cocoa.
This was my "Extra" Product.
opinion;
I have not tried these yet, I'm a bit nervous! lol

 Fall colors!
What about you?


Now onto my Ulta products. I bought 25 dollars worth of items and received free shipping as well as many many free samples! 

Nice smell, but did not work as well as the avocado mask by Freeman.
Freeman products are cheap but very effective.
$3.99

Amazingly glittery! I used the deep purple and gold. There are other color sets as well. 
Long lasting & vibrant.
$5.99

I'm not sure if i'm even using this correctly. Put it on. Apply eyeshadow? If so I'm not sure if i'm seeing much of a difference in vibrancy but it does help to keep the eyeshadow on longer.
$6.99

 Aveeno; Sample size.
Smells amazing & makes my hands soft!

 Girl Meets Pearl; Sample
I have not used this yet, it's a one time usage. Anyone know about this product?

 Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser; Sample (2)
I'm excited to try this one out, sounds refreshing!

 Exuviance; Serums
I hate to admit this, but I really don't even know what these are going to do for me. 
Has anyone tried these products?

 Elle; pony tails
I needed to spend about 3 more dollars to get my free shipping so I added this in!

 PureDKNY Sample

                                                                         Versace sample
 Forbidden Euphoria
Smells Delicious!

 Tommy Bahama!

 smashbox foundation primer; Sample

 boscia; eye treatment
Sample

Ferrai; shampoo
Sample

I also got this hair dye.

But I used it so I can't show you! But, it's the best red dye i've used, ever. 
Shiny, healthy feeling, not washing out. It's fantastic!

Have you gotten anything from Birchbox or Ulta before?

Do you have any suggestions for the products I bought?


9 comments:

  1. This seems pretty cool! I haven't heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy from Ulta, there's a store like 30 minutes away from where I live, so I'll stop by there every once in awhile when I'm in the area


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Smashbox primer, use it quite regularly, the NYX palette is awesome and the Aveeno fluid is magical also in its bodily version. I like your blog, follow each other ?

    Fashion and Cookies
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Abigail; I had not heard of it until recently either!

    Dana; Ulta is pretty far from me too so that's why I like buying online. :D

    Vale; I haven't tried the Smashbox primer yet but I like to find new products I like! &I think i'm going to buy the Aveeno in a larger bottle, it smells wonderful. :) &Sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the sound of that be fine lip exfoliator. my lips are always so dry!!

    [oomph.]
    What's the next line? Help write the story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oomph; it feels nice! But I realized you have to put on a moisturizer after or the exfoliation only helps for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOOOOOVE the NYX glitter cream palettes--they are phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh!! You got some good birchbox items this month! I've been hearing from a few people that they haven't been getting anything useful to them & canceling their subscriptions. Nice Ulta purchases too! I really want to try that masque. I think maybe I should just order from them online because I've never ONCE gotten ANY samples at the store itself. ):

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked my Birchbox products but this is my first one so we'll see how it goes! :D &That masque is nice but the avacodo one is better on my skin in my opinion. :) So soft! :)

    ReplyDelete